Traditional Scottish Tattie Scones
Easy to make Scottish potato scones made with Maris Piper potatoes. Great for complementing any traditional Scottish breakfast but also great for an afternoon snack.
|500g Maris Piper Potatoes||30 mins|
|125g Plain Flour||Cooking Time|
|1 tsp baking powder||10-15mins|
|1 tsp salt||Serves 4|
- Peel and chop the maris piper potatoes and boil until soft. Mash the potatoes with the butter and salt.
- In a bowl combine flour and baking powder and then add the mash. Using your hands, combine it all together to form a dough.
- On a well-floured board roll out the dough to the thickness about 1cm.
- Use a large side plate as a template and cut out circles.
- Cut each circle into quarters
- Heat a large frying pan and add a small knob of butter. Once melted, lightly fry on a medium heat each circle, turning halfway through.
- Once cooked, separate the quarters and serve with topping of choice - we recommend black pudding and egg